Tuesday 8 September 2015

More stud questions........

Hi, I was wondering if any stud formations are allowed or if they are specific as I am size 17 and it is near impossible to find rugby boots in my size. American football boots with the single front toe stud are available in my size but I have heard on many sites that they are illegal! Also some normal football boots are occasionally available but only with blades and as I am a second row they would not be as easy to get a grip in scrums. However at this stage with my old pair wearing away I would take anything I can get! Thanks Oliver
Hi Oliver

There used to be a law (4.4(i)), up until 2014, that banned a single toe stud on boots.  Following a trial with one specific design of boot that boots that contained an offset single toe stud, the law on single toe studs was completely removed, and is no longer listed in the law book under "banned items of clothing".

All forms of blades are legal providing they are not sharp or abrasive.

The Rugby Ref

No comments:

Post a Comment