Well the new LAT's don't seem to have made a whole lot of difference at grassroots level.
- The nearest a conversion kick has got to the new 90 seconds allowed, is 60 seconds, so not an issue.
- Knock on into touch. The Rugby Ref has had quite a few of these. Options offered, no big issues.
- New position of a Quick Throw-In. The Rugby Ref hasn't seen any of these. He saw one on the TV in the recent Exeter v Saracens game, but it was a bit of a disaster tactically.
- New Scrum Engagement. No big deal, the new engagement procedure has been accepted by all and there have been no major problems with it.
- Lineout alternative. The Rugby Ref has offered the options on one or two occasions, but the lineout has not been taken. Nothing to see here, move on.
So there we have it. The new Law Trials came in with rumblings and mumblings from some areas, but appear to have descended on the new season like a damp squib.
You can refresh your memory on the LAT's by clicking HERE.